Growing Dome Greenhouse Growing Classes
We regularly host greenhouse growing classes about how to garden in the Growing Dome. Topics include pest control, soil selection and care, maintenance of your greenhouse, what to plant when, the above ground pond, and much, much more. We film these classes and edit the footage so the material in the classes is easy for you to watch and pick up. Then we offer the full length of each class as on-demand video that you can stream or download and watch anytime. Just click the “Buy Now” button below to get started.
Purchase All 3 Courses
Nearly 13 hours of footage available at an over 20% discount for $130.00
2014 Fourth Annual Growing Spaces Symposium
Watch this fun filled day at the Pine River Public Library in Bayfield, CO to learn about gardening in the Growing Dome from both new and long-standing instructors of the Growing Spaces team. Topics will cover aspects of soil, composting, insects, and water gardening and will include interactive exercises in the 22′ Growing Dome and outdoor community garden at the “Living Library”.
Instructors are: Dana Hayward (Master of Agricultural Sciences, Master Gardener), Heather Burger (Permaculture greenhouse gardener, landscape designer), Claudia Stover (Growing Dome gardener, water gardener), Udgar Parsons (Growing Spaces founder, inventor of the Growing Dome), Puja Parsons (Growing Spaces CEO) and Stacey Couch (Growing Dome gardener).
Presentations are on the following topics:
- Soils – How to choose the right soil for your new Growing Dome / Learn about maintaining soil through the years
- Water Plant Propagation – What plants work in the above ground pond / How to maintain your plants through the seasons
- What Food to Plant When – A month-by-month outline on what to sow, transplant, and harvest
- The History of the Growing Dome – In celebration of 25 years in business – stories of the evolution of the Growing Dome
- Composting – What to and not to put in your compost / Hot composting / How long to let your pile “cure”
- Insects: Pests & Beneficials
This in depth video of 4 hours and 30 minutes of footage is available for $60.00
2013 Growing Dome Garden Planning Workshop
“But tho’ an old man, I am but a young gardener.” Those famous words accentuate that one of gardening’s lures is the humbling aspect to keep on learning.
Join us for a workshop to help hone our skills inside the awe-inspiring world of the Growing Dome. This workshop, held at the Ross Aragon Community Center in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, sparks the interest of new and old Growing Dome gardeners, as well as those planning to add a Growing Dome into their life. Presenters include: Udgar Parsons, Claudia Stover, Richard Miller and Stacey Couch.
Presentations will be on the following topics:
- What to Plant When, Where, and Why
- Forest Gardens inside the Growing Dome
- Expanding the Potential of the Growing Dome Water Garden
- Maintaining the Growing Dome Environment
- Encircling the Growing Dome with an Outdoor Garden
- This time, students are involved!
Even more, you asked for more networking, and we listened! One of the sessions finds us in brainstorming groups to share ideas on an assigned gardening topic. Each smaller group then briefly presents those findings to the larger group.
This in depth video of 3 hours and 50 minutes of footage is available for $50.00